Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Vacation Part 6 (Thursday and Friday)

On Thursday we had lunch with my parents at Panera Bread. Rob and I really like eating there. It's a great alternative to fast food.

Thursday night, my brother and his girlfriend Shana flew in for a visit. My mom was very excited to have both her children under one roof again, even if it was only for a couple of days! My dad had to work Thursday evening, so Mom, Rob and I went to pick up Jeremy and Shana from the airport.   Jeremy and Shana were starving (no flight drama for them!). So we went to Logans for dinner.



Jeremy and Shana were pretty tired from their flight, so we just watched a movie when we got home.

On Friday, we headed to Pensacola to see GI Joe, but first we stopped at the Oar House for lunch. The weather was beautiful outside, and there was a nice breeze coming off of the ocean. Lunch was really great! I'm so glad the Oar House was able to open again after the fire.



As for the movie, it was okay.  It's definitely a movie that can wait for video.

That night, Jeremy, Shana, Rob and I all went out to Bamboo Willie's at Pensacola Beach.  It was so nice out!  There was a band performing covers of popular songs.  So, we had a contest to see who could name the original band the fastest.  Rob and I were on a team and Jeremy and Shana were on a team.  Rob and I kicked butt!:)




I'm so glad we were able to hang out with my brother.  I don't get to see him that often and I really miss him!  It was really great to get to know Shana, too.  Hopefully, we'll get to see them more in the next couple of months.  Jeremy and Shana are moving to Florida.  We should be able to see them again during the holidays!




1 comment:

  1. That's great that your brother and his girlfriend are moving to FL! It's nice to have family close by. I mean, I know they won't be close to you but when you go home to see your parents they will be.

    ReplyDelete