Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year Rob and I decided to celebrate Thanksgiving with just the two of us.  Okay, three if you count Annabelle.  It was a very nice and relaxing day!  We had a small chicken (instead of turkey), mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn pie and an apple pie for dessert.  Yes, I know, there was nothing green on the menu, but that was fine by us!  I meant to take more pictures of our actual meal, but I forgot.  Here are a few of the pictures I did take:



The chicken BEFORE it went in the oven



The chicken AFTER it came out of the oven



Apple Pie

We also put up our Christmas Tree on Thanksgiving Day.  I was so excited!  We bought everything the day after Christmas last year, and everything was half off!


2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a pretty tree! I am glad you and Rob enjoyed your day together. Sometimes it is so nice to spend the day with just your husband! Rob is lucky you cooked! I would have said we are going out to eat! That apple pie looks delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad y'all had fun! Nice job on the pie :)

    That is great you finished decorating. I decided to wait until next week. I just wasn't in the decorating mood this weekend! (you can interpret that to mean I wanted to sit on the sofa and watch football all weekend!)

    ReplyDelete