Monday, October 25, 2010

More Road Trip...

As I mentioned in my previous post, we drove from Virginia to Florida and stayed in Florida for a week visiting family.  We got up bright and early on Labor Day to start our cross country drive.  We loaded up the car, got our baby girl and we were off!  I've made this cross country drive a couple of times as a child and teenager.  It's so much more different as an adult...it's boring!  Especially the drive across Texas.  Ugh, not fun at all.  The first day we made it to Texas.
 The start of our trip
 Poor Annabelle, she had to take 'medicine' to make the trip.



 The sun was just a little too bright this day...

It took ALL of the second day to get through Texas.  It rained a lot the second day.  A tropical storm landed off the coast of Texas and provided fun driving weather.  We ended our second day of driving in New Mexico.


The third day we made it to San Diego!  Rob and I were DONE with driving.  Okay, okay, Rob drove the whole way.  It's not that I didn't offer, though.  Anyway, we made it to Beau and Katie's house.  They moved to California last year.  Katie and Beau were nice enough to open their home to us for a couple of days.  They even let Annabelle stay, too!  It was definitely a nice break from the driving.



 Beau and Anna Cross

 Beau, Rob and Anna Cross

Me, Katie and Anna Cross

 Anna Cross and I at the USS Midway

Anna Cross, Navy Pilot. 


 This is the house I lived in when we lived in San Diego.

 This is the High School I attended my sophomore and part of my junior year

 This used to be a McDonalds.  It was my very first job!

 And FYI, I was employee of the month the first month I worked at McDonalds!

 It was a little bit cooler in San Diego than Annabelle was used to.

Annabelle LOVED Anna Cross, she was just the right size for kisses!

Thank you to Katie and Beau (and Anna Cross!) for letting us stay with them.  We had such an awesome time!

Up next...Monterey!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't the trip a little deceiving? You make it to TX the first day and think, "this isn't so bad!"

    I love that pic of you and Rob re-enacting the Sailor kissing his girl! We had a great time too and I can't wait to visit you in Monterrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture, TOO!!!! You must blow that up and hang it in your bedroom. Too cute!

    I am so glad y'all had a safe trip out there and I can imagine the drive STINKS! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all the pictures. Thanks for posting, it's so good to hear from ya'll!

    ReplyDelete