Thursday, November 11, 2010

San Diego

This past weekend one of my good friends, Karen, got married.  I've known Karen since high school, and she was one of the bridesmaids in our wedding.  She asked me to be in her wedding and I accepted.  Karen had been planning her wedding for well over a year!  When Karen asked me to be in her wedding, I wasn't sure where we would be living.  It worked out nicely that we were in the same state!

I arrived in San Diego on Wednesday evening.  A couple of the other bridesmaids (Nicky and Diana) are close friends of mine, so we all decided to get to San Diego a little early for some fun.  Rob had class on Wednesday and Thursday, so he wasn't able to arrive until Thursday evening.  Wednesday evening I made plans to meet some of my friends, from my San Diego high school, for dinner.  I hadn't seen Jessica, Lavina, or Shiela since I was 16!  We've kept in touch through Facebook.  It was so crazy to see them again and catch up!

Thursday Nicky, Diana, Danny (Diana's husband) and I got up bright an early for breakfast.  We wanted to explore San Diego.  First, we walked around Coronado for a little bit and then we decided to take one of those SEAL tours.  It's a sea and land tour, you start out on land and then the vehicle goes into the water.  It was pretty neat.  There were a lot of waves at one point, I started to worry I might get sea sick.  I pushed it out of my mind though.  Rob would have been so disappointed in me if I would have gotten sick!

Nicky, Diana, me and Elvis

 Danny (he thinks he's so cool with this hat)

 Our transportation

On the SEAL 

 Sea lions!

 More Sea Lions!

Later that evening, we (me, Diana, Danny and Nicky) met some of my friends (Katie, Beau and Anna Cross) for dinner.
 Anna Cross, smiling for the camera

Me, Anna Cross, Katie and Beau

Rob finally arrived around 8:00 PM on Thursday.  He missed dinner with our friends, but he was able to meet Beau the next day for lunch.  Friday, I was busy with wedding stuff all day!  First, Nicky, Diana and I had to get a pedicure (hard work, I know!), then we had a bridesmaid's luncheon with Karen (the bride!).  After lunch, we had to hurry back to the hotel to get ready for the rehearsal and the dinner.
 Danny and Rob at breakfast

Sun, Diana, Nicky, Karen, me, Carmen, and Josie.  One bridesmaid is missing.

Saturday the bride, bridesmaids and I were busy getting ready for the wedding.  Rob and Danny were busy, too.  They were nice enough to drive a ways out of town to get the wedding flowers.  Karen made such a beautiful bride!
 Karen and Trevor

 Sword Arch

 The happy couple!

 Diana and Danny

 Rob and I

 Me and the bride

 Cutting the cake

Diana, me and our new friend Carmen

We had a blast in San Diego!  It was so great seeing Diana, Nicky and Karen.  We all live in different places now, but we always seem to keep in touch.  I wish I could see these girls more.  I love them with all my heart.  I would do anything for them and I know they would do anything for me.  I already can't wait to see them again!

3 comments:

  1. You guys looked like you had a blast! What a BEAUTIFUL wedding and you looked FAB! Always! I miss you guys! OMG I can't believe how big Anna Cross has gotten..she is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a fun time at supper with you guys! You are really blessed to have so many friends all over the country that you keep in touch with.

    That cake was beautiful, and enormous! You all look beautiful. Thanks for squeezing us in and we can't wait to see you again soon. (How did Rob's midterms go?)

    P.S. Thanks, Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that cake is HUGE! And her dress is gorgeous. You all looked so pretty!!!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete