Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vacation Part 4 (Monday and Tuesday)

Monday was a quiet day for us.  We had lunch with Rob's mom and then Rob dropped me off to get my hair cut and highlighted.  I've had a hard time finding a hairdresser here in VA.  It was nice to go back to my hairdresser in Pensacola.  Then we had a nice meal at Pop's house.
Tuesday was another fun day for us.  First we went to visit people from my old job.  I worked at the Heart Group for 5 years and met a lot of great people.  Here are are two of my favorites Joyce and Faith:

Next we went to see some of Rob's old co-workers from Grainger.  Rob worked there for 7.5 years.  He's been gone for two years now, but he has some really great memories from when he worked there.  Here is a picture of Rob and one of his favorite co-workers, Katie:


After visiting our former employers we took a trip to Milton to see one of my good friends Mary Grace.  Mary Grace just had a baby in December and I was anxious to meet Grady.  I've read so much about him in her blogs.  He was just as cute and energetic as she's described him!



After our visit with Mary Grace and Grady, we went back to Pop's to get ready for dinner.  Rob was going to dinner with Pop, Dolores and Tia at Skopelos.  And I was going to dinner with some of my friends, Veronica, Lauren and Mary Grace at a Mexican restaurant.



I miss our girls' night dinners!  We had such a fun time just chit chatting!  I miss you guys!

Rob met up with us at the Mexican restaurant.  Rob and I both wanted to go out and shoot darts.  We haven't done that in forever!  We had a lot of fun.  We really need to find a place around here.  Okay, okay, and Rob beat me at everything.  Darts and pool.  Blah.


3 comments:

  1. Girl, I know what you mean about the hairdresser dilemma. I never did find one in Newport and I'm worried to even look here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Rob looks very athletic and handsome in the dart throwing picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were glad to see you too and I'm glad Grady and the Clarksons were able to meet! (8 months later!)

    ReplyDelete